Sunday, February 14, 2010

Three New Things To Do With Peanut Butter

I found this great little article in one of the parent magazines I was reading with some new ideas for Peanut Butter. I loved them all and thought I should share!

1.Make a morning smoothie. In a blender, combine 1 1/2 bananas, 6 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 cup ice cubes and 3/4 cup whole milk; blend well. Makes 2 servings.
* I absolutely LOVED this. I'm talking just like those peanut butter shakes a Jamba Juice...delicious!
2. For peanut sauce to toss with rice noodles, whisk together 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter, 3/4 cup warm water, 1/4 cup light-brown sugar, juice from 1 lime and 2 teaspoons soy sauce.
* may I suggest adding some sauteed chicken pieces and cut up green onion.
3. Combine 1/2 cup maple syrup and 1/4 cup peanut butter and stir in saucepan until hot. Serve over pancakes
* BRILLIANT.
4. Or you could be like this lucky kid, and try a peanut butter facial. (And no, this is not Edison, thank goodness. If I was his mom, I'd give him some bread and tell him he was getting a peanut butter sandwich for lunch.)

2 comments:

amandamenghini said...

Oh no! And peanut butter is so greasy! It sure is cute though when you aren't the one who has to clean it up.

jamie said...

how funny--we just had peanut sauce on our stir fry last night...except mine was from a bottle...