Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Honey of all Moons Stop # 2 -Mazatlan!






While in Mazatlan, Nate and I bought our first boat......hahahaha, that would be nice, wouldn't it? Luckily, because of Nate's excellent Spanish skills we made friends with the captain (Jesus) of the boat, and he let us each steer for a little bit. This was our second excursion. We took a boat out to a small island where Nate and I hiked, and Kayaked. Needless to say that our Kayaking skills needed a little work as we drifted from one side to another. It was a good lesson in communication for the newly weds...and Nate spent a good amount of time doing the paddling while I enjoyed the view.

Iglesia de la Catedral de la Inmaculada Concepción de Mazatlán




















Nate and I took a nice walk down to the heart of Mazatlan where we toured the inside of a beautiful cathedral. Afterwards, we walked around the city, ate some mangos with lime juice from a street vendor, had a nice coke in a glass bottle,and flew a kite with some of the neighborhood ninos. We're we locals...but with blonde hair and blue eyes.

6 comments:

Carrie L said...

Oh April, I love your blog! The pictures turned out fantastic! We missed you at the reunion but it looks like your honeymoon was wonderful.

KingFisher said...

Hello Kids, Dad Fisher here!. This may be a little late but I must get posted for the sake of Family History. You will always remember what a glorius wedding day you had followed by your lovely reception at Mt Woodson Estate with your family and friends. Then off on a Honeymoon cruise to the Mexican Rivera and finally back to work in HAWAII!! Now can anything top that...doubtful. Send me an email when you post new pictures...DAD

Ms. Bananie said...

Hooray! I'm so glad to see your blog! Looks like you had mucho fun on that honeymoon of yours!
Ahh...wedded bliss. I just LOVE you guys!

The Dobrons said...

YAY!! A blog from April! maybe I'll get more updates from this busy girl by visiting her blog...the wedding was fantastic and you two make a great couple! Here's to a great future ahead!

Sheena Menke said...

Hooray!!! I found your blog from Jen's and am beyond excited! The wedding pic is gorgeous and it looks like you guys had a wonderful honeymoon. I'm so happy for you and looking forward to more beautiful posts! My blog is menkefam.blogspot.com if you want to check us out.

Chelsea said...

It looks like you guys had a fabulous honeymoon! Ryan and I are planning a trip to Spain/Portugal in FIVE years from now {when he graduates}, which will basically be our honeymoon 7 yrs later. ha!

I'm jealous! I love all the pictures. Hope you're doing well :) We need pictures of the baby bump!