Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Creating Autumn

Since our palm trees don't necessarily change colors, and our balmy 80 degree weather doesn't cool down, I have to take matters into my own hands. This is how you create Autumn in Hawaii.



Peel some juicy, red apples.


Make an apple pie



Place some fake leaves in a vase on the table (you gotta do what you gotta do)


Check out some autumn themed books for the kids



Break out the Fall table cloth, light your Fall candle and enjoy that apple pie.

8 comments:

Cierra said...

april you are so cute! and that apple pie looks delish! if anyone can create fall in hawaii, YOU can! :)

Ms. Bananie said...

Whoah! I missed a bunch of blog posts! Look at Edison growing so fast! He's such a cute smiley lil' guy!
I think that apple pie looks so good, it could put Mom's Apple Pie in Julian to shame!
Way to work it, Martha Stewart!

leah said...

WOAH! What is your recipe for Apple Pie? Better yet, the crust? That looks AMAZING! I think I need to make it for our family. Please email me and share! Oh, and I have fake leaves in a vase too, even though we'll be getting the real thing in a few weeks. I just found a great way to preserve autumn leaves, so I'm going to do it with a friend. Ok, so next thing you need to do is make gourmet caramel apples! Nate must LOVE having you as a wife!

jamie said...

this is so...fisher--i love it! and i'm with leah. please share the recipe!

Juli said...

Ditto on the recipe request!! That is the best-looking apple pie I've seen in a long time!!!

katmplatt said...

Yummy apple pie! Edison is a cute little boy!! How are you guys doing?

katmplatt said...

By the way this is Katrina (Brady) now Platt, your old roomate, if you were wondering.

Jessica said...

You've got serious skills! Looking at the pictures, I would guess you were...well somewhere that fall actually happens! How awesome.