Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Apple Picking

One of our first fall adventures was apple picking at Becker Farms. It was the classic apple picking experience and we couldn't have asked for more. Here are some pictures to highlight.


Here is Edison with his "stolen" apple that he took from the store while we were standing in line waiting to buy our apple picking bags. He promptly started to munch on it, and since there really was no use in giving back a half eaten apple and because there LITERALLY were apples scattered all along the floors, we figured he could just keep it. But doesn't he look guilty in this picture? We ended up eating the rest of it after his three or four bights.


And here is the apple orchard DRIPPING with apples. I had this adrenaline rush seeing all the apples everywhere... like the kind of rush you get at a buffet line when you feel like you need to try everything. I felt like I needed to grab all the apples I could.

Beautiful, delicious apples.


Edison was off like a shot, picking up all the half eaten apples on the ground and giving them a try. I think he had the same kind of adrenaline rush I had.



After our bags were stuffed with apples we stopped off at the pumpkin patch. Edison has been obsessed with pumpkins this fall (probably on my doing) and was thrilled to finally be in a real pumpkin patch.



He was also thrilled for the chance to sit on the big red tractor. He talks about it to this day.



Here are the fruits of our labor. We savored every one of those delicious apples. I made a fine apple crisp, and the rest we gobbled up whole. Natures candy.

3 comments:

Kathy T. Fisher said...

The size of those apples make Julian apples look like peanuts! I think that you must be living in heaven. I have never seen so many apples in one picture!
Oh, you are having so much fun in New York!!

Chelsea said...

You told me they were dripping with apples and you weren't exaggerating! Having a photo to illustrate the point makes it ten times better! What a great introduction to the east coast. Best season of the year.

Jen said...

How cool April! I am totally loving your fall experience out there! What great adventures you're having!