Saturday, October 4, 2008

First Day of Fall Dinner








Obviously we don't get a whole lot of seasonal change living in Hawaii, and at times Nate and I crave that cold crisp autumn air, or even being able to wear socks in bed with out sweating up a storm. So, of course we're going to celebrate the first day of Fall! We felt it our duty to commemrate that yes, Fall can happen in the endless summer paradise! That night, Nate and I cooked up some turkey and gravy, mashed potatoes, vegetables, and a little apple crisp with vanilla carmel swirl ice cream for dessert. Mom and I had a "fall candle lighting ceremony" over the phone to begin the festivities and make our house smell nice and "cinnamoney". Nate and I enjoyed our little fall feast next to the city lights...and made sure to keep our fan close by to cool off the night. Fall can be done in Hawaii!




Eating Candy Corn is just more fun this way

2 comments:

Ms. Bananie said...

You two are so much fun! Way to make the best of that silly "Paradise" you live in! I'll send warm (or cool if preferred) thoughts of Julian & it's Cherry Cider & Apple Pie your way.
: )

The Dobrons said...

April! Married life!! So cute...this is what I've wished for you for so long. I love it. Thanks for sharing the post....I miss having you around! Wouldn't a double date be soooo fun?!