Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nate's Shirt: A Tribute

The other day, as Nate and I were going through our blog, and we noticed an item of similarity in most of our posts: Nate's Shirt. Nate wears this shirt so often because, 1. It's comfortable, 2. It's cool ( as far as temp. otherwise arguable)3. It's a nice fit and 4. He just doesn't see the need to get any more shirts! Hence, there must needs be a tribute to The Shirt.


Above is one of the first dates that Nate took me on in Fall 2007. You have to make a good impression in the beginning of a relationship....therefore, the shirt.

Here we are on another date, still courting...still making the "impression".....the shirt. Must of worked, I look happy! (And I was!)



The right impression was made! Here he is when he took me home to Utah for his family Thanksgiving dinner. In this picture the Shirt serves the purpose of practicality and comfort.



And we move on to the Honeymoon! When eating out on the cruise The Shirt does an excellent job of being more formal than a t-shirt, but still says "casual comfortable."



The Shirt breathes nicely in the hot dessert of Mexico.


And finally...but not to be the last, at his law firm. The Shirt sends a message of power yet subtlety.














7 comments:

Linda Tippets said...

And all this time I thought he was wearing a uniform! Silly me.

Ms. Bananie said...

All hail the "favorite shirt." Matt has one that is uncanny in likeness (and he wears it just about as often as Nate).
And I remember that Thanksgiving when we were at the Swindlehursts being told you were visiting a "friend" for Thanksgiving.
Right.
We knew better. (Hee hee!)

Carrie L said...

At least he has great taste! I love it!

jamie said...

it's a good shirt to be "the shirt."

leah said...

That is so funny- reminds me of Toby...new clothes are the last thing on his list :)

Gina and Jon said...

April my friend.. it has been a long time.. I was thinking about you tonight and thought I would try and find you.. how lucky! Congrats on getting married and the upcoming baby! Hope all is well!

amandamenghini said...

Aren't boys great? They can just wear the same thing over and over and not care...

I am coming to san diego for christmas...I hear there is a shower happening too.