Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chinese New Year

Nate and I live about two blocks away from China Town. We took full advantage of our location and joined in on the Chinese New Year festivites.

This building is one of Nate's favorites. He has plans one day to turn it into a authentic Chinese restaurant. He is pretty good with his top ramen...some of the best I've ever tasted.
Some authentic Chinese souvenirs.

The Chinese lion dancers are some of the funnest things to watch.

The tradition is to give the lion money for good luck. You feed the lion through their mouths. Some people look petrified when they do this...but the lions were making some good money!


The old men play card games...often you see hands exchanging money.



2 comments:

jamie said...

it was fun to read about all your recent adventures. you look great! where's the baby? you seriously look teeny, tiny. glad you guys are living it up before the baby comes...but you know, life only ends after the baby if you let it...can't wait to see baby boy alexander!

Cierra said...

April!!!

You thought you could run away from me, but alas, I found you once more! Your cute sister-in-law Mandi works with me (as I'm sure you know by know) and I was so shocked when I found out her brother is your husband and all the connections from there! So from now on I can stalk you on your blog. :)

I looked at your pics from the honeymoon (FUN!) and you look adorable now with your prego belly! I am so excited for you...can't wait to see the post with all the baby pictures.

Love,
Cierra